Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Minor Breakthrough / Idea ??

One of the issues I was having is how I was going to be able to provide links to a page for each message key that are only available when translator mode is enabled.

A possible solution that I'm looking into is either rewriting or extending the Spring MessageTag definition so that if the user role is 'translator' or translator mode is toggled on then each message key will effectively be marked up.

Each message item will end up with a link to a translation page which is passed the particular message key reference.

I will probably just write my own TranslatorMessageTag.java and point Spring.tld to that.

If this all goes as planned the final step of this stage will be to update the relevant message.properties with what is input on the translation page.

No comments: