I've written most of this up, I probably just have a couple of more days work to put into it before I can get back to the actual development side of things.
The core of the draft will be as follows:
Chapter 2: Background
- i) Current i18n via Message Sources & JSTL
- ii) OpenACS solution, ACS-Lang Package, Message Key Translation Interface
- iii) Google-Translate-Java-API
- iv) Encoding
- v) Databases
- vi) Translation Management Services/Applications
- MessageTag Extension - Spring.TLD
- Sessions - login with 'translator mode'
- XML I/O
- Error messages
- Consider Tiles for layout ability